Saturday, July 16, 2016

Lesson 12 : Color Pencil

This lesson was another fun one. My finished product turned out very different than most of my classmates.


I started with my bird which I continued to revise until the last minute. It had the dimension I was looking for but not the soul of an artist expression. The boat was fun to sketch but the color was not what I had envisioned in my head. I thought it was funny that my clouds looked more like a wave but clouds in color pencil was hard.


Next I did the butterfly. I was very proud of the body but I regreted the choices I made with the wings when it was done. I wanted it to be vibrant but I also was going to realistic. If I had it to over I would have chosen different colors.

But the goldfish and I are friends. The technique I used was to bear down with the color pencils to give it almost a paint look. It took much longer than I anticipated but I thought the colors blended well and my lines flowed well. I may add more to the background so it does not appear to be floating when I can feel my fingers again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment